This page contains general information about graduate studies in the
Department of Mathematics at the University of Western Ontario,
including information about funding, courses, degree requirements,
research areas and application procedures.
Highlights for Applicants
- Applications for admission are considered all year round. Applicants for September admission with financial aid should apply by February 15. There is no application fee.
- Most Ph.D. students are offered annual funding of at least $24,100 (domestic students) or $32,500 (international students). These are the 2012-2013 amounts. M.Sc. students receive only slightly less. In addition, many students are eligible for entrance scholarships on top of these base funding amounts.
- Low student-faculty ratio means easy access to faculty, and graduate courses tailored to students' interests.
- We have a large number of very active seminar series, as well as colloquia and a series of distinguished lectures.
- We are a Principal Sponsoring University of the Fields Institute and have interdisciplinary links with the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, the multi-university high-performance computer network SHARCNET, and the Ontario Research Centre for Computer Algebra (ORCCA).
- Overview for prospective students; another overview and an FAQ
Math Department Links for Current and Prospective Students
Graduate Affairs Committee
Department of Mathematics
The University of Western Ontario
Canada, N6A 5B7
Telephone: (519) 661-3641
Fax: (519) 661-3610
Email: Janet Williams
(Graduate Program Assistant)
Supplementary application materials can be sent to these mail and e-mail addresses.