Associate Chair (Graduate)
Department of Mathematics
University of Western Ontario
Middlesex College 116
Email: kkapulki 'at' uwo.ca
- Higher Category Theory and Homotopy Theory
- Univalent Foundations and Homotopy Type Theory
- Formalization of Mathematics
Current students and postdocs
- Apurva Nakade, postdoc, 2019-21.
- Brandon Doherty, PhD student, 2017-21.
- Udit Mavinkurve, PhD student, 2020-23.
- Ilia Vlasov, PhD student, 2020-24.
- Artem Gureev, MSc student, 2020-21. [Principal supervisor: D. Riley.]
- Jonathan Zhao, MSc student, 2020-21. [Principal supervisor: J. Jardine.]
- Daniel Carranza, undergraduate student, 2019-21.
- YeonJoon Choi, undergraduate student, 2020-21.
- Jacob Ender, undergraduate student, Summer 2021.
Academic year 2020-21
- Math 3159A: Introduction to Cryptography, Fall 2020.
- Math 9511A: Category Theory, Fall 2020.
- Math 1120B: Fundamental Concepts in Mathematics, Winter 2021.
- Reading Seminar: Homotopical Algebra, Winter 2021.
- Organizer (j/w D. Christensen) of the HoTT Electronic Seminar Talks.
- Organizer of the Geometry/Topology Seminar at Western.
- Faculty advisor to the organizers (U. Mavinkurve, A. Nakade, S. Zapata) of the Directed Reading Program at Western.
- Organizer (j/w B. Ahrens) of the HoTT/UF Workshop 2021, The Internet @ Buenos Aires, Argentina, July 17-18, 2021.
Selected past activities
- Organizer (j/w B. Ahrens) of the HoTT/UF Workshop 2020, Paris (France) The Internet, July 5-7, 2020.
- Organizer (j/w D. Christensen) of the HoTTEST Conference of 2020, only online, June 15-19, 2020.
- Research Member in the program Higher Categories and Categorification at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, Spring 2020.
- Fellow at the Center for Advanced Study of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters (project: Homotopy Type Theory and Univalent Foundations), Fall 2018.
- Lead organizer of the conference From the Fundamental Lemma to Discrete Geometry, to Formal Verification (in honor of Thomas C. Hales on the occasion of his 60th birthday), University of Pittsburgh, June 18-22, 2018.
- Organizer of the inaugural Midwest HoTT Seminar, May 26-27, 2018.
- Organizer of Workshop and School on Univalent Mathematics, Birmingham, UK, December 11-15, 2017.
- Program Committee member of the HoTT/UF Workshop 2017, 2018, 2019.
- Participant of the Big Proof program at Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Summer 2017.
- Lead organizer of the AMS Math Research Communities Workshop on Homotopy Type Theory, June 4-10, 2017.
- Receipient of the Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Research Funding (C$20,000) for the project Cryptographic Multilinear Maps, 2016-17.
- Organizer of the Workshop on Homotopy Type Theory and Univalent Foundations, Fields Institute, May 16-20, 2016.
- Receipient of the Thomas C. Hales Distinguished Research Award for the best dissertation written by a graduate student in mathematics at the University of Pittsburgh, 2014.
- Receipient of the Andrew Mellon Predoctoral Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh, 2013-14.
- Visiting student at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, 2012-13.